Tuesday, November 17, 2009

PECE

Thanking God for giving me all the good things in life. A loving husband, caring family, very supportive co-workers and a well compensated career.



After ten years of working so hard in order to help my family, I deserve this so peaceful and so exciting vacation. Honestly, I prayed for this so long ago, I know everybody in some point of our lives we feel dryness in everything we do....so do I... I feel emptiness in my profession as an educator. I thought majority of my students are not that good....but to my realization I found out they're just tired of studying. They are just human beings , like me, who also have limitations and feelings. Being a teacher is so rewarding...besides it's not only a profession ( this will not make me rich) but it is also a vocation. This profession/vocation needs a lot of patience and perseverance to survive until you retire, huh!



When I entered the academe in 1999 it's out of the picture to spend my life in teaching until I reach 60 ( until now I'm still discerning my career move------maybe 50? lol). I'm always meditating every time I saw a retirable teacher who experience the same thing since he/she entered the academe ( no car, many debts, no acquired assets....full of loans). But I am not focusing on that matter....I've realized that a happy life cannot only be measured on what things (temporary) you have right now or on how rich you are after spending half of your life teaching those "unwilling" to learn students. Happiness can be measured on how contented you are with your life and career.




Leaving temporarily the academe for a month made me realized.... I miss teaching and it's already part of my system. I miss sleeping late at night checking papers, preparing lessons and waking up early in the morning to catch up with my first period class. I miss the "angry look" of my students every time I am giving them long quizzes. I want to see again their smile, hear their hellos, complaints about their failing grades, our discussions, their irritating and melodious voice------------I want to see them again in "flesh".



God is good all the time....small or big things happening in my life-------- there's always a sign and an answer why this is happening. Passing PECE exam is just a bonus.....besides I didn't feel I was being formally interviewed....I was only lucky that all my requirements met the PECE standard. So what's good being a PECE? I am sure this will help me become a better educator as I come back the academe....maybe still in Notre Dame or maybe in other University/school ...............only God knows where I am heading....... and He knows what is best for me.




............TO GOD BE THE GLORY.........


No comments:

Post a Comment